Senior Program Adult Daycare Assistant in Carlsbad, NM
Position is in Carlsbad
Under supervision of the Adult Day Care Director, the Adult Day Care Assistant provides service to the participants attending the adult day care center. Also provides advanced administrative, secretarial, and clerical support for the Adult Day Care Director. Maintains required records, programmatic quality assurance, fiscal, personnel and regulatory compliance, participates in community involvement and fundraising activities as necessary in order to meet the goals of SNMCAC and the Senior Citizen Program. Assumes duties of the Adult Day Care Director in his/her absence.
Wage is $11.50 an hour
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS:
Associate degree from a nationally accredited institution of education in the field of geriatrics or a health-related course of study which includes the care of the elderly AND Two (2) years of full-time experience and training in services to elderly and /or handicapped adults OR Any experience deemed transferable to elder care.
~ OR ~
High school diploma or GED AND Four (4) years of full-time experience and training in services to elderly and /or handicapped adults. OR Any experience deemed transferable to elder care.
- Two (2) years of experience performing secretarial/administrative duties including, but not limited to: filing, proper telephone etiquette, operating a personal computer, fax, copier, 10-key, etc.
- Proficient computer skills to perform word processing and work with graphic programs.
- Ability to type 35 words per minutes accurately.
- Proficient in clerical duties such as filing, typing, answering phone and taking messages.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Characteristics:
- Knowledge of principles, practices, functions, and organization of a non-profit agency.
- Knowledge of New Mexico Health Department requirements for Adult Day Care.
- Knowledge of federal regulations relating to Adult Day Care programs and state laws related to non-profit organizations.
- Knowledge of sound fiscal management principles.
- Knowledge of social service agencies.
- Ability to express self, in English, in a clear, concise, understandable manner, both orally and in writing.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish).
- As a condition of employment, must meet SNMCAC’s vehicle liability insurance standards (refer to the Human Resources Policy Handbook) in effect at the time of hire and remain insurable during employment with SNMCAC.