Center Administrator (Artesia, NM)
In accordance with federal regulations, as of January 2022, SNMCAC Head Start will uphold the mandatory vaccination decree for all employees as a condition of employment. If you apply for and are offered employment, you will be required to provide *proof of full vaccination against the COVID-19 virus.
*We will consider valid requests for an exemption from this requirement but cannot guarantee that we will be able to accommodate having unvaccinated employees in our employ.
Southeast NM Community Action Corporation has been serving individuals and families since 1965; we are committed to supporting individuals and families so they can achieve educational advancement as well as community health and economic advancement. We need talented people who want to make a difference in their community to join our team of professionals. Does this sound like you? Make a difference in the lives of others and enrich your own life in the process, apply to join our team.
JOB SUMMARY: The Head Start Center Administrator is responsible for providing managerial oversite and direction to the Head Start Program site staff, consistent with agency policies and Head Start Program Performance Standards. The Center Administrator has responsibility for the daily oversight of center operations in a manner that contributes to the growth and development of children and the professional growth and development of staff. This position also has oversite of facility management. The Center Administrator must assure all Head Start Program Performance Standards and Federal, State, and Local regulations, policies, and procedures are followed.
Minimum Education and Experience Qualifications:
- An Associate degree from an accredited two-year college or university in business administration, social services, early childhood education or directly related discipline.
- Five (5) years of experience in an administrative or supervisory/management capacity.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university in business administration, social services, early childhood education, or directly related discipline.
- Three (3) years of experience in an administrative or supervisory/management capacity.
- Previous experience with early childhood education
- Related work experience with young children in a Head Start or similar program.
- Previous experience in Head Start as an employee, parent or volunteer; experience or training in working with children who have special needs.
- Salary – This is an Exempt position $43,823 – $65,725 annual depending on qualifications (related experience, education, training, etc.)
An application and letter of interest are required. You may also go to a Head Start Center in Artesia, Carlsbad, or Roswell and pick up an application and job description.
We offer a 4-day work week (Monday – Thursday)
- Thirteen (13) Paid Holidays per year
- Annual Leave
- Sick Leave
- Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $23.41 – $35.11 per hour