Cook Assistant Senior Citizens Program
The Cook Assistant is responsible for assisting the Head Cook in the preparation of meals, the receiving of food and non-food supplies, and the cleanliness of the kitchen and the food storage areas in accordance with the federal, state, and local health regulations, licensing codes, the Sr. Citizens Program and the rules and regulations of Southeast NM Community Action Corporation. Assumes the Head Cook responsibilities as needed (including maintaining proper records). Also responsible to assist with training of kitchen staff. Will receive instruction, training, supervision, and evaluations from the Area Manager with input from the Head Cook.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- One (1) year work experience as a cook.
- Food preparation experience involving food preparation/service for groups of 100 or more preferred.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Characteristics:
- Ability to express self in English in a clear, concise, understandable manner, both orally and in writing.
- As a condition of employment, must meet SNMCAC’s vehicle liability insurance standards in effect at the time of hire and remain insurable during employment with SNMCAC.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
Monday to Friday