Education Manager Roswell HS
The Southeast NM Community Action Corporation Head Start Program is accepting applications for the position of Education Manager which will be located in the main office in Carlsbad.
Head Start is a federal program for preschool children from low-income families, We operate Head Start Centers in Eddy and Chaves counties (Artesia, Carlsbad, Dexter, Roswell).
The Head Start Education Manager promotes school readiness of SNMCAC’s Head Start children by providing high quality technical assistance, mentoring, coaching, and training to education staff and agency. The Education Manager is responsible for planning, implementing and administering the Education content area of the Head Start program in such a way as to ensure quality as defined by the Head Start Performance Standards.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Education (preferably Early Childhood Education), Business Administration, Public Administration, or related field from a traditional four-year regionally accredited college or university
- Two (2) years experience in early childhood, social work, parent education, family studies or related field
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Characteristics:
- Leadership: a demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Strong facilitation and conflict resolution skills and the ability to negotiate between diverse perspectives.
- High level interpersonal skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to express self, in English, in a clear, concise, understandable manner, both orally and in writing.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- As a condition of employment, must meet SNMCAC’s vehicle liability insurance standards (refer to the Human Resources Policy Handbook) in effect at the time of hire and remain insurable during employment with SNMCAC.
Requirements that must be satisfied prior to attaining regular employment status:
1. Proof of Degree (transcripts)
Unofficial Copies ~ Submit with application
Official Documents ~ Due before scheduled to work
2. Three Professional References
3. TB Test and Physical Results
4. Police Report
5. Clear Driving Record
6. Valid Driver’s License
7. Proof of Current Vehicle Liability Insurance
8. Drug and Alcohol Pre-screen Test
9. Child Abuse and Criminal Background Checks (Finger Prints will be taken and processed)
10. Proof of US Citizenship, or eligibility to work in the US.
- We offer a 4-day work week (Monday – Thursday)
- Thirteen (13) Paid Holidays per year
- Annual Leave
- Sick Leave
- Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and
- Life Insurance