Head Start Director Carlsbad
The Southeast NM Community Action Corporation Head Start Program is accepting applications for the position of Head Start Director which will be located in the main office in Carlsbad.
Head Start is a federal program for preschool children from low-income families, We operate Head Start Centers in Eddy and Chaves counties (Artesia, Carlsbad, Dexter, Roswell).
The Head Start Director will be responsible for assuring that all Head Start program mandates and standards for excellence are met on a daily basis. This position will provide supervision and management in the overall operations of the Head Start program consistent with agency policies, federal regulations, applicable laws, and required funding source guidelines by monitoring the implementation of responsibilities of employees through direct on-site observation, monthly meetings with staff, and reviewing files and documentation.
The ideal candidate will work well with others, meet challenges with determination, be hands-on, and will play a critical role in strategic decision, and will love improving the lives of children.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Education (preferably Early Childhood Education), Business Administration, Public Administration, or related field from a traditional four-year regionally accredited college or university
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Characteristics:
Leadership: a demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
Management: the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
Planning: an ability to think ahead and plan over a 3-6-12 month time span.
Strong facilitation and conflict resolution skills and the ability to negotiate between diverse perspectives.
High level interpersonal skills.
Excellent presentation skills.
Ability to express self, in English, in a clear, concise, understandable manner, both orally and in writing.
As a condition of employment, must meet SNMCAC’s vehicle liability insurance standards (refer to the Human Resources Policy Handbook) in effect at the time of hire and remain insurable during employment with SNMCAC.
Requirements that must be satisfied prior to attaining regular employment status:
1. Proof of Degree (transcripts)
Unofficial Copies ~ Submit with application
Official Documents ~ Due before scheduled to work
2. Three Professional References
3. TB Test and Physical Results
4. Police Report
5. Clear Driving Record
6. Valid Driver’s License
7. Proof of Current Vehicle Liability Insurance
8. Drug and Alcohol Pre-screen Test
9. Child Abuse and Criminal Background Checks (Finger Prints will be taken and processed)
10. Proof of US Citizenship, or eligibility to work in the US.
- We offer a 4-day work week (Monday – Thursday)
- Thirteen (13) Paid Holidays per year
- Annual Leave
- Sick Leave
- Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and
- Life Insurance