Health and Special Services Manager Carlsbad HS
The Southeast NM Community Action Corporation Head Start Program is accepting applications for the position of Health/Special Services Manager which will be located in the main office in Carlsbad.
Head Start is a federal program for preschool children from low-income families, We operate Head Start Centers in Eddy and Chaves counties (Artesia, Carlsbad, Dexter, Roswell).
The Health/Special Services Manager works as a part of the content area team which consists of managers, specialists, and coordinators to integrate Head Start services for children and families and is responsible for education and early childhood health services by planning, implementing, and administering the Health/Nutrition Special Services and Mental Health content area; as defined by the Head Start Performance Standards and other federal, state, and local requirements.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Education (preferably Early Childhood Education), Business Administration, Public Administration, or related field from a traditional four-year regionally accredited college or university
- Two (2) years experience in early childhood, social work, parent education, family studies or related field
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Characteristics:
- Leadership: a demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Strong facilitation and conflict resolution skills and the ability to negotiate between diverse perspectives.
- High level interpersonal skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to express self, in English, in a clear, concise, understandable manner, both orally and in writing.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- As a condition of employment, must meet SNMCAC’s vehicle liability insurance standards (refer to the Human Resources Policy Handbook) in effect at the time of hire and remain insurable during employment with SNMCAC.
Requirements that must be satisfied prior to attaining regular employment status:
1. Proof of Degree (transcripts)
Unofficial Copies ~ Submit with application
Official Documents ~ Due before scheduled to work
2. Three Professional References
3. TB Test and Physical Results
4. Police Report
5. Clear Driving Record
6. Valid Driver’s License
7. Proof of Current Vehicle Liability Insurance
8. Drug and Alcohol Pre-screen Test
9. Child Abuse and Criminal Background Checks (Finger Prints will be taken and processed)
10. Proof of US Citizenship, or eligibility to work in the US.
- We offer a 4-day work week (Monday – Thursday)
- Thirteen (13) Paid Holidays per year
- Annual Leave
- Sick Leave
- Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and
- Life Insurance