Health Assistant in Artesia, NM
Southeast NM Community Action Corporation has been serving individuals and families since 1965; we are committed to supporting individuals and families so they can achieve educational advancement as well as community health and economic advancement. We need talented people who want to make a difference in their community to join our team of professionals. Does this sound like you? Make a difference in the lives of others and enrich your own life in the process, apply to join our team.
In accordance with federal regulations and SNMCAC policy as of January 31, 2022, SNMCAC Head Start will comply with the mandatory vaccination requirement for all employees as a condition of employment. Accordingly, you must provide either proof of your current fully vaccinated status for COVID-19, or documentation of request for medical or religious exemption, which we will evaluate through the ADA interactive process. If your exemption is approved, as an accommodation for that exemption, you must test weekly.
The Health Assistant works as a part of the content area team of managers/specialists/coordinators to integrate Head Start services for children and families and is responsible for education and early childhood health services. The Health Assistant will assist in responsibilities for planning, implementing administering the Health/Nutrition Special Services and Mental Health content area of the Head Start program in such a way as to ensure quality as defined by the Head Start Performance Standards, and other federal, state, and local requirements. The Health Assistant will assist in responsibilities for planning and ensuring that health, and nutrition services for children and families, including preventive health care, dental exams, physical examinations, screenings, and immunizations. Assist in monitoring the implementation of state and federal health, nutrition, and safety requirements described in the Head Start Program Performance Standards. Assist in providing student, parent, and staff education in health, safety and nutrition practices.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Work experience in early childhood, social work, parent education, family studies, family services, human services, counselling, or related field.
- Four (4) years supervisory experience.
- Must have (or obtain within 18 months of hire) and maintain a credential or certification in social work, human services, family services, counseling, or a related field.
- Associate degree in Early Childhood Development, Social Services, Human Relations, Social Science, Psychology or related field.
- One (1) year work experience in early childhood, social work, parent education, family studies, health or related field.
- Related work experience with young children in a Head Start or similar program.
- Previous experience in Head Start as an employee, parent or volunteer; experience or training in working with children who have special needs.
Salary – This is a Non- Exempt position $13.82 – $23.04 an hour depending on qualifications (related/yrs of experience, education, training, etc.).
We offer a 4-day work week (Monday – Thursday)
Thirteen (13) Paid Holidays per year
Medical, Dental, Vision, and
An application and letter of interest is required. You may go to our website at www.snmcac.com and complete and application and upload your resume and letter of interest or you may go to our Community Action/Head Start sites in Artesia, Carlsbad, and Roswell to complete an application.