Health & Nutrition Manager (Carlsbad)
The Health/Special Services Manager is responsible for planning, implementing administering the Health/Nutrition Special Services and Mental Health content area of the Head Start program in such a way as to ensure quality as defined by the Head Start Performance Standards. Will receive instruction, training, supervision, and evaluation from the Assistant Head Start Director or the Head Start Director (per the organizational chart)
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Baccalaureate Degree in Early Childhood Development, Social Services, Human Relations, Social Science, Psychology, or related field.
- Two (2) years’ work experience in early childhood, social work, parent education, family studies, or related field.
- Three (3) year’s supervisory experience.
- Proficient computer skills (Computer Skills Assessment required).
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Characteristics:
- Knowledge of family health care and nutrition, which includes prevention, early intervention, treatment and health maintenance practices.
- Clerical skills, including, but not limited to: filing, proper telephone etiquette; fax, copier, 10-key, etc.
- Certification of First Aid and CPR within the first 2 months of beginning employment and updated as required.
- Ability to express self, in English, in a clear, concise, understandable manner, both orally and in writing.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) (Not required but preferred).
- Ability to gain the confidence of Head Start families.
- Ability to interact with children and adults in a positive, courteous and professional manner.
As a condition of employment, must meet SNMCAC’s vehicle liability insurance standards (refer to the Human Resources Policy Handbook) in effect at the time of hire and remain insurable during employment with SNMCAC.