Housekeeper for Artesia, NM location Senior Citizens Program
COVID-19 Precautions: The Department of Health recommends that all employees are fully vaccinated (both vaccinations for Pfizer and Moderna and one vaccination for Johnson & Johnson as well as the booster), unvaccinated staff must be routinely tested and must wear face coverings and social distance. Fully vaccinated staff do not need to be routinely tested.
Position needed in Artesia
The housekeeper will assist Senior Citizens in their homes with light household chores. He/she will not be required to do heavy household chores, such as, moving furniture. Meal preparation is not required.
Wage is $11.50 an hour
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Cleaning of floors to include sweeping, mopping and/or vacuuming.
- Make bed(s) and change sheets if necessary.
- Clean kitchen area including store, refrigerator, dishes and counter tops.
- Dust as needed.
- Clean bathroom including bathtub, toilet and sinks.
- Launder clothing.
- Plus any other duties as may be assigned by Supervisor.
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
- Carries out any and all other assignments necessary to meet the goals and objectives of Southeast NM Community Action Corporation.
Minimum Education and other Qualifications for Consideration:
- Must provide own transportation to and from work sites.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and current vehicle liability insurance.
- Ability to learn and carry out assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Successful completion of program required checks/testing such as: criminal records, employment history, Drug/Alcohol screening.
- Must be able to stand, walk, push, pull, reach and bend.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 20 pounds to accomplish tasks.