Lead Family and Community Engagement Advocate in Artesia, NM
Southeast NM Community Action Corporation has been serving individuals and families since 1965; we are committed to supporting individuals and families so they can achieve educational advancement as well as community health and economic advancement. We need talented people who want to make a difference in their community to join our team of professionals. Does this sound like you? Make a difference in the lives of others and enrich your own life in the process, apply to join our team.
In accordance with federal regulations and SNMCAC policy, as of January 31, 2022, SNMCAC Head Start will comply with the mandatory vaccination requirement for all employees as a condition of employment. Accordingly, you must provide either proof of your current fully vaccinated status for COVID-19, or documentation of request for medical or religious exemption, which we will evaluate through the ADA interactive process.
The Lead Family and Community Partnership Advocate is responsible for coordinating all family services for the Early Learning program and assisting in building community partnerships. The coordinator assists all Head Start/Early Learning Staff in the development and implementation of the goals and mission of the area School Districts and Head Start and Early Learning programs; and serves as an advocate and resource for families. The Lead Family and Community Partnership Advocate is also responsible for assisting in the implementation and administration of the Family and Community Partnership content area in such a way as to ensure quality as defined by the Head Start Performance Standards. They are responsible for coordinating parent involvement activities in the Head Start program in such a way as to ensure quality as defined by the Head Start Performance Standards. Responsible for assisting the families in realizing their goals of self-sufficiency and their role in relation to their children’s development and learning through the comprehensive support provided through Head Start.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- One (1) year work experience in early childhood, social work, parent education, family studies, family services, human services, counselling, or related field.
- Two (2)) years supervisory experience.
- Must have (or obtain within 18 months of hire) and maintain a credential or certification in social work, human services, family services, counseling, or a related field.
- Associate degree in Early Childhood Development, Social Services, Human Relations, Social Science, Psychology or related field.
- One (1) year work experience in early childhood, social work, parent education, family studies, health or related field.
- Related work experience with young children in a Head Start or similar program.
- Previous experience in Head Start as an employee, parent or volunteer; experience or training in working with children who have special needs.
- Salary – This is a Non-Exempt position $13.82 -$23.04 depending on qualifications (related experience, education, training, etc.)
- We offer a 4-day work week (Monday – Thursday)
- Thirteen (13) Paid Holidays per year
- Annual Leave Sick Leave
- Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Life Insurance
- An application and letter of interest is required. You may go to our website at www.snmcac.com and complete and application and upload your resume and letter of interest or you may go to our Community Action/Head Start sites in Artesia, Carlsbad, and Roswell to complete an application.
SNMCAC is an EEOE