Maintenance Supervisor Carlsbad HS
The Southeast NM Community Action Corporation Head Start Program is accepting applications for the position of Maintenance Supervisor which will be located in the main office in Carlsbad.
Head Start is a federal program for preschool children from low-income families, We operate Head Start Centers in Eddy and Chaves counties (Artesia, Carlsbad, Dexter, Roswell).
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that all SNMCAC Head Start facilities are maintained in a clean and safe condition and assuring that all facilities are in compliance with policies and regulations regarding the operation of Head Start facilities. The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for planning, assigning, inspecting and supervising the work and training of the maintenance workers and custodians.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Three (3) years experience in building maintenance/custodial work
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Characteristics:
- Leadership: a demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Ability to use standard tools to perform maintenance work.
- Knowledge of plumbing, electrical, building renovations, yard work and/or landscaping.
- Ability to interact with children and adults in a positive, courteous and professional manner.
- Strong facilitation and conflict resolution skills and the ability to negotiate between diverse perspectives.
- High level interpersonal skills.
- Ability to express self, in English, in a clear, concise, understandable manner, both orally and in writing.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- As a condition of employment, must meet SNMCAC’s vehicle liability insurance standards (refer to the Human Resources Policy Handbook) in effect at the time of hire and remain insurable during employment with SNMCAC.
Requirements that must be satisfied prior to attaining regular employment status:
1. Three Professional References
2. TB Test and Physical Results
3. Police Report
4. Clear Driving Record
5. Valid Driver’s License
6. Proof of Current Vehicle Liability Insurance
7. Drug and Alcohol Pre-screen Test
8. Child Abuse and Criminal Background Checks (Finger Prints will be taken and processed)
9. Proof of US Citizenship, or eligibility to work in the US.
- We offer a 4-day work week (Monday – Thursday)
- Thirteen (13) Paid Holidays per year
- Annual Leave
- Sick Leave
- Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and
- Life Insurance