Program Assistant CSBG/FGP&SC Hobbs
Southeast NM Community Action Corporation has been serving individuals and families since 1965; we are committed to supporting individuals and families so they can achieve educational advancement as well as community health and economic advancement. We need talented people who want to make a difference in their community to join our team of professionals. Does this sound like you? Make a difference in the lives of others and enrich your own life in the process, apply to join our team.
Part-Time: The Community Services Block Grant (CSBG) provides funds to Community Action Agencies to alleviate the causes and conditions of poverty in communities. The Program Assistant is responsible for establishing eligibility for assistance based upon funding source requirements and availability of agency funds. Responsibilities also include the proper tracking and reporting of all direct assistance and referrals. Maintains accurate accounting of all funding sources available to and administered by SNMCAC through the Program Assistant position. All client assistance activity is conducted in accordance with CSBG program and agency policy and procedures. Will receive instruction, training, supervision, and evaluation from the CSA Coordinator.
Part-Time: Under direction of the Volunteer Program Director, the Program Assistant provides service and is responsible for coordinating the activities of the Foster Grandparent/Senior Companion volunteers. Has primary responsibility for recruiting, training, and monitoring Foster Grandparents/Senior Companions. Responsibilities also include, but are not limited to, file and record maintenance, typing, filing, answering the phone, operating office equipment, e.g., calculator/copier. Will receive instruction, training, supervision, and evaluation from the Volunteer Program Director.
Minimum Education and Experience Qualifications:
- High School Diploma/GED and three years’ experience in social work or related field.
- Any combination of experience and education is considered suitable by the Associate Director and Executive Director.
- Must be proficient in computer skills including ability to use email, a word processing program, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Characteristics:
- Ability to express self, in English, in a clear, concise, understandable manner, both orally and in writing.
- Planning and organization skills.
- Ability to document and compile information and reports.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Ability to interact and work collaboratively as a team member with other staff and partner agencies, both of which include people from a variety of socio-economic and ethnic backgrounds.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Knowledge of social service agencies.
- Warm and friendly personality. Compassionate in accomplishing the objectives and goals of the CSBG program.
- Ability to gain and maintain the confidence of low-income and/or minority people.
Requirements that must be satisfied prior to attaining regular employment status:
- Three Professional References
- Proof of High School Diploma/GED/CDA/Educational Credentials/Degree (Per Job Requirement)
- Drug and Alcohol Pre-screen Test (Per Job Requirement)
- Local Police Report
- Criminal Background Checks
- Valid Driver’s License
- Clear Driving Record
- Proof of Current Vehicle Liability Insurance
- Proof of US Citizenship, or eligibility to work in the US.
Wage range: $12.00 – $13.50 an hour Wage will Depend on Qualifications (related experience/yrs., education, training, etc.)
Monday – Thursday
~Open until filled. Applications are reviewed upon receipt~
Please submit your application and letter of interest to the SNMCAC HR Department:
SNMCAC 1915 San Jose Blvd, Carlsbad, NM 88220 or complete online at www.snmcac.com
~Position will remain open until filled. Applications are reviewed upon receipt.
SNMCAC is an EEOE
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12.00 – $13.50 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
Work Location: In person