Senior Program Adult Day Care Assistant in Carlsbad
Southeast NM Community Action Corporation has been serving individuals and families since 1965; we are committed to supporting individuals and families so they can achieve educational advancement as well as community health and economic advancement. We need talented people who want to make a difference in their community to join our team of professionals. Does this sound like you? Make a difference in the lives of others and enrich your own life in the process, apply to join our team.
Wage: $13.50 an hour Monday – Thursday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm with a 60-minute lunch, and Friday 9:00 am – 1:00 pm, no lunch.
Under supervision of the Adult Day Care Director, the Adult Day Care Assistant provides service to the participants attending the adult day care center. Also provides advanced administrative, secretarial, and clerical support for the Adult Day Care Director. Maintains required records, programmatic quality assurance, fiscal, personnel and regulatory compliance, participates in community involvement and fundraising activities as necessary in order to meet the goals of SNMCAC and the Senior Citizen Program. Assumes duties of the Adult Day Care Director in his/her absence.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Associate’s degree from a nationally accredited institution of education in the field of geriatrics or a health related course of study which includes the care of the elderly. AND Two (2) years of full-time experience and training in services to elderly and /or handicapped adults. OR Any experience deemed transferable to elder care.
- High school diploma or GED. AND Four (4) years of full-time experience and training in services to elderly and /or handicapped adults. OR Any experience deemed transferable to elder care.
- Two (2) years of experience performing secretarial/administrative duties including, but not limited to: filing, proper telephone etiquette, operating a personal computer, fax, copier, 10-key, etc.
- Proficient computer skills to perform word processing and work with graphic programs.
- Ability to type 35 words per minutes accurately.
- Proficient in clerical duties such as filing, typing, answering phone and taking messages.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
An application and letter of Interest is required. Please go to any Community Action/Head Start Center in Artesia, Carlsbad, or Roswell, NM to obtain an application. You may also go to www.snmcac.com to complete an application and upload your letter of interest and resume.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
SNMCAC is an EEOE