Senior Services Specialist Artesia
The Senior Services Specialist is responsible for conducting assessments of seniors in the designated service area(s) to determine if services are warranted. The Senior Services Specialist will also be responsible for informing seniors of available services that will assist them with a better quality of life in their home environment. Additionally position is responsible for maintaining all current participant files. All activities will be conducted in accordance with the requirements and regulations of the Senior Citizen’s Program and the rules and regulations of Southeast NM Community Action Corporation. Position will receive instruction, training, supervision, and evaluations from the Site Manager.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Associate’s Degree in Gerontology, Social Services, Human Relations, Social Science, Psychology or related field AND four (4) years work experience in services to seniors, social work, health care environment, or related field;
- High School Diploma or GED AND six (6) years work experience in services to seniors, social work, health care environment, or related field
- Bilingual (English/Spanish), required.
- Must be proficient in computer skills including knowledge of a word processing program and a spread sheet program.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Successful completion of program required checks/testing such as: criminal records check, employment history, physical exam, T.B. test, drug/alcohol screening.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, clear driving record, and current vehicle liability insurance.
- Compassionate in accomplishing the objectives and goals of SNMCAC and the Senior Citizen’s program.
- Ability to gain and uphold the confidence and trust of senior populations.
- Ability to interact with adults in a positive, courteous and professional manner.
Requirements that must be satisfied prior to attaining regular employment status:
- Letter of Interest
- Three Professional References
- Proof of Educational Credentials/Degree (Per Job Requirement)
- Drug and Alcohol Pre-screen Test (Per Job Requirement)
- Local Police Report
- Valid Driver’s License
- Clear Driving Record
- Proof of Current Vehicle Liability Insurance
- Proof of US Citizenship, or eligibility to work in the US.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for meal site management in the absence of the Area or Site Manager.
- Monitors services being provided.
- Conducts assessment of senior’s requesting services and determines eligibility for assistance.
- Maintains files for all clients in compliance with all Senior Citizen’s Program, AAA and state reporting standards.
- Provides seniors with information and referrals to other service providers when appropriate.
- Develops and maintains up to date resource file of available community assistance.
- Coordinates and collaborates with other service providers located at each center to ensure proper networking and partnering.
- Assists with ensuring that meal site activities operate within designated resources.
- Alerts the Area or Site Manager to matters requiring immediate attention.
- Maintains confidentiality at all times.
- Develops and maintains a positive, professional working relationship with the staff and the community.