Teacher Assistant (TA) in Dexter, NM
Southeast NM Community Action Corporation has been serving individuals and families since 1965; we are committed to supporting individuals and families so they can achieve educational advancement as well as community health and economic advancement. We need talented people who want to make a difference in their community to join our team of professionals. Does this sound like you? Make a difference in the lives of others and enrich your own life in the process, apply to join our team.
In accordance with federal regulations and SNMCAC policy as of January 31, 2022, SNMCAC Head Start will comply with the mandatory vaccination requirement for all employees as a condition of employment. Accordingly, you must provide either proof of your current fully vaccinated status for COVID-19, or documentation of request for medical or religious exemption, which we will evaluate through the ADA interactive process.
The Teacher Assistant, under general supervision of the Education Manager and classroom instruction of the Teacher, will assist in teaching related activities which include, but are not limited to, record keeping, material processing, set-up, student assistance, tutoring and other related tasks which allows the teacher to increase the efficiency of the instructional delivery and program. The Teacher Assistant will assist the Teacher in the planning and implementation of educational activities in the classroom, consistent with Head Start performance standards; providing a learning environment which is interesting, stimulating, and developmentally appropriate thus encouraging each child to reach their maximum potential. Will assist Teacher in any instructional, supervisory, or other task or need as deemed appropriate by the Teacher
- Child Development Associate Credential or a state-awarded certificate that meets or exceeds the requirements for a CDA Credential or
- Enrolled in a CDA credential program to be completed within two Years of the Time of Hire or
- Enrolled in a Program that will lead to an Associate or Baccalaureate degree
- Proficient computer skills (Computer Assessment required)
Salary: This is a Non-exempt position; Wage $13.26 – $22.10 per hour based on experience and education. SNMCAC is an EEOE.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- We offer a 4-day work week (Monday – Thursday)
- Thirteen (13) Paid Holidays per year
- Leave Sick
- Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- An application and letter of interest is required. You may go to our website at www.snmcac.com and complete and application and upload your resume and letter of interest or you may go to our Community Action/Head Start sites in Artesia, Carlsbad, and Roswell to complete an application.