Van Driver Part time in Carlsbad, NM
Southeast NM Community Action Corporation has been serving individuals and families since 1965; we are committed to supporting individuals and families so they can achieve educational advancement as well as community health and economic advancement. We need talented people who want to make a difference in their community to join our team of professionals. Does this sound like you? Make a difference in the lives of others and enrich your own life in the process, apply to join our team.
Our Senior Program is in need of an Van Driver for our Artesia location. If you want to make a difference for our senior population, then come work for SNMCAC and our Senior Program.
COVID-19 Precautions: The Department of Health recommends that all employees are fully vaccinated (both vaccinations for Pfizer and Moderna and one vaccination for Johnson & Johnson as well as the booster), unvaccinated staff must be routinely tested and must wear face coverings and social distance. Fully vaccinated staff do not need to be routinely tested.
Responsible for assisting Senior Citizens in boarding transportation van upon arrival and departure. Also responsible for cleanliness of vans.
Wage is $12.00 an hour 20 hours a week Monday – Friday 9:00 am – 1:00 pm M-F
Minimum Education & Experience Qualifications:
- High School graduate or G.E.D. equivalent
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred ~ not mandatory
- Ability to communicate well with others
- Must have a good driving record
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Make sure safety precautions are taken at all times
- Provide special transportation services to participants who are disabled
- Must be able to do outreach work
- Assist the participant with shopping
- Have reports ready not later than the 2nd of the following month
- Keep documentation on any and all services provided to Senior Citizens
- Keep updated log on vans
- Must keep van(s) clean
- Deliver meals to homebound participants
- Provide transportation services to Senior participants as assigned by immediate supervisor
- Any other assignments given by immediate supervisor
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: From $12.00 per hour
Schedule: Monday through Friday 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Day shift
SNMCAC is an EEOE