In order to complete your application and receive services, the following  documentation is required. Please download applicable documents below and return via fax (575) 887-6357 or Email ( Documents can be scanned using a desk scanner, or by taking clear pictures of the documents with a phone or tablet.

If your application is incomplete due to missing one of the following scanned documents, you application will be denied. 


  • Social Security cards for everyone in the household.
  • For anyone 18 years of age and older- Valid Government issued photo ID such as a Driver’s License or Military ID
  • ** If you do not have any of the documents above, please call the office for other acceptable documents**

Earned or unearned income received in the past 30 days for all household members

  • Employment wages (all check stubs for weekly, bi-weekly or monthly wages for the last 30 days)
  • Self-Employment wage documentation
  • Social Security / Supplemental Security Income (SSI) award letter (bank statements will not be accepted)
  • TANF benefits
  • Unemployment benefit or workers compensation statement of benefits
  • Private Pension Documents
  • VA Retirement / Disability
  • Child Support Statement
  • Worker’s compensation
  • Any other source of income

If no income has been earned or received for the last 30 days for any household member, age 18 or older, you MUST fill out the Affidavit of No Income Form and provide proof of NM Workforce Connection registration.  Please include a statement on how you have been supporting yourself for the last 30-day period.

If any member of the household is Disabled, please provide a Social Security Award Letter for proof of disability.  

MORTGAGE ASSISTANCE – Click Here for Required Documents

  • Past Due Mortgage Letter – Completed by Mortgage Lender
  • Previous two months house payment receipts and current mortgage payment letter
  • Lease Agreement or HUD contract (if applicable)

Please Note: If client owes more than $1,000.00 for one month, client MUST provide receipt for balance before payment will be issued. 

UTILITY ASSISTANCE – Click Here for Required Scanned Documents

  • Past Due Bill, Disconnection Notice or Final Statement
  • Previous three months utility bills (client may have utility company fax documentation to SNMCAC)

Please Note: The amount of the CSBG utilities assistance will not exceed $500, and is based on the Client’s utility usage/billing for the past three months. SNMCAC can pay an amount equal to the highest bill in the three months prior to the last mailed notice, disconnect notice, or final statement. Receipt for remaining balance MUST be provided before payment will be issued. 

RENTAL ASSISTANCE – Click Here for Required Documents

  • First Month’s Rent Letter or Past Due Rent Letter – Completed by Landlord
  • w9 Form – Completed by Landlord
  • Previous three months rental receipts
  • Copy of lease agreement if applying for first months rent or client is related to landlord.

Please Note: If client owes more than $1,000.00 for one month, client MUST provide receipt for balance before payment will be issued. 

Applications will not be processed without required documents listed above.