About this program
Carlsbad Adult Respite is a fun-filled, social environment where seniors can visit with peers, enjoy age-appropriate activities and look forward to special events.
Activities are based on the interests of participants. For example, you might experience a game of dominoes or Wall Boggle, engage in arts and crafts, shopping adventures, or getting manicures. You might even take a field trip to a livestock auction or a cattle ranch or try out a Wii Fit Plus routine. Transportation to and from the center is provided to participants who need it. A hot, nutritious meal is served every day along with snacks. From time to time, health screening is provided to participants by home healthcare agencies. Carlsbad Adult Respite keeps participants active and entertained.
Is Carlsbad Adult Respite for you?
The purpose of the Carlsbad Adult Respite is three-fold:
- To provide loving care, social opportunities, age-appropriate physical activities, and mentally stimulating endeavors for senior citizens in and around the community of Carlsbad, New Mexico.
- To provide caregivers support and respite from an around-the-clock duty
- To make it possible for caregivers to retain employment while caring for their loved ones
Overall these services enable the elderly to remain in a home environment and aids in preventing early institutionalization.
Benefits to Seniors & Caregivers
- Allows seniors to remain in their homes longer and avoid early institutionalization
- Helps delay, or eliminate entry into the costly Long Term Care system
- Supports caregivers who must maintain employment
- Provides respite to full-time caregivers
- Provides a safe, enjoyable environment for seniors needing care
- Provides opportunities for the senior to have social interaction with peers
- Maintains a quality of life for a senior while being able to live in their own home
- Provides nutritious well-balanced meals
Do you qualify?
- Income is NOT a factor for qualifying for services at Carlsbad Adult Respite
- Services are offered to individuals over the age of 60 regardless of their income or assets
- The suggested donation for services is $5 per hour; however, no person will be turned away due to inability to pay
- Prospective participants will be assessed prior to enrollment to ensure that the facility can meet their needs
For more information about this program, please call (575) 887-0506.